Monday, November 15, 2010

Yummy banana crepes

Made my favorite breakfast this morning. Yummy warm and filling banana chocolate crepes.

I am lucky enough to have my stepmom's recipe for her swedish pancakes. I cook them really thin and crepe-like.

After the first flip in the pan, I spread a thin layer of hazelnut pread down the center. Add some sliced bananas and then it's ready to fold. Fold one side over the bananas, then the other side. If I can, I flip the folded filled crepe over to brown a bit more.

Flop it out on my plate ("flop" is a technical term) and sprinkle with powered sugar.

Close your eyes and sniff - my home smells yummy right now.

Pair it with a tall glass of cold milk and dig in!

(Where are the photos you say? This is the veru funny part. Me, the avid almost obsessed picture taker, has a dead battery in her camera. I know. Shame on me. The upside to this? I get to make my favorite breakfast AGAIN soon to take pictures to show you all!)

Here's the recipe for the crepes:

AJ's Swedish Pancakes

3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup flour
2 cups milk, divided
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt

Beat eggs with 1/2 cup of milk with whisk. Add the flour slowly and beat smooth. Beat in remaining milk, add butter and salt. Heat pan over medium heat. Here is where I make them crepes - I use a small fry or crepe pan and drop just enough to barely cover the base of the pan in. Swirl around pan until bottom is covered. Cook until edges are lightly browned and carefully flip over. Batter may be refridgerated a day or two at most. Can be served as noted above, or with your fave jelly or jams. My dad likes to mix different jams on the crepe and roll up to eat.


Thanks bunches for enjoying breakfast with me.
~Carrie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...