Thursday, November 4, 2010

Quilting Along Today....

Today I opened my new Fandango (by Kate Spain for Moda) fat quarter pack

and cut into it to start the new Layer Cake Quilt Along hosted by Konda over at Moose on the Porch Quilts.

 I did the Jelly Roll Quilt Along with Konda earlier this year and it was so cool. My top is finished, not yet layered and quilted - but more on that another time. Promise, I'll post a photo of that top soon {grin}.


Back to my fat quarter pack...

I picked my three fabrics, light, medium and dark


and began cutting, and piecing.




and made this fun block

Yay!
Block 1 is complete.

Gene Black designed this first block, and it's awesome. He calls it Alabama Spinner - Gene originally designed it with an appliqued circle center using the dark fabric. Haven't decided if I'm adding that or not. Kinda like it the way it is.

 Let the quilt along begin!

~Carrie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...