Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quilt Alongs Update

Yay – block 7 of the Layer Cake Quilt Along with Moose on the Porch Quilts is done! This one is designed by Celine Perkins from Perkins Dry Goods. Check out her blog here. Just finished it moments ago.

Layer Cake Quilt Along Block 7

The more I look at it, the more I like it. The orangey fabric stands out a little more than I’d like, but that’s okay. Once it gets into the quilt top with the other blocks, it’ll be hunky dory. Still using Fandango by Kate Spain for Moda.

And, I started another quilt along today (I know, I am so addicted to them). This one is the Blogger’s Blockapalooza 2011 over at Quilt Dad. This is a super fast paced quilt along and I only hope i can keep up! Two 12” blocks a week – yup, TWO! Can you stand it????

Here is the first block designed by Quilt Dad himself John Cary.

Blockapalooza 2011 Block 1

 

I’m using Park Avenue by 3 Sisters for Moda. I had a fat eighth bundle so I dug right into it this morning. Super fun block to put together! I’ll most likely need to add some Moda Bella solids as we go along…still trying to figure out which ones will coordinate the best. Any thoughts?

Working on some scrapbooking stuff today, too– cool 20% off sale at Creative Memories only until Jan 31st. Get 20% off any size or color album coversets, pages and page protectors. Even 20% off hardcover digital storybooks! They’ve never ever done a sale this huge. Pop over here to check it out. I am so stocking up!

Laundry is a’calling me so I’d better put my ole’ homemaker hat back on. Will be playing with fabric scraps a little later tonight after naps, homework, grocery shopping, laundry and bedtime…thinking about working up the blockapalooza block above in a scrappy version. Pop back to see if I get it done {wink}.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I love how your LCQAL block turned out. I really like this block and can't wait to make mine....maybe in the morning before work....

make.share.give said...

Since our Hazel Ilene quilt, I've been addicted to pinwheels. I think the orange is just right. AND I love the red running through your Park Ave block. Beautiful job on both blocks!
I'm using Christmas fabric for my blockapalooza quilt, since my 3 most recent craftys have all been brightly spring colored.

Ann T. said...

Love the block. You have a lot going on!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...