Friday, November 1, 2019

Mom-Guilt - Under Control?

Hope you all enjoyed a fun and safe Halloween! Here are my kiddos:



Last night my kids decided to split and hang out with friends in different groups. Not really a first for us, but I felt differently about it this time. With me raising them essentially on my own, the fear of choosing which one to go with and which one to abandon (yup, the initial feeling is one of abandonment when I can't be with one of them because of our situation) was HUGE. Every time we're separated at events I feel like I am letting them down by having to choose one of them over the other.

Not this time.

My son's best friend's mom took control (something I need more of in my life) and simply told me she'd pick him up, feed him and take him around a local neighborhood. I wasn't invited, nor was I not invited, but she made the decision for let me. My insightful friend must have known my internal struggle and without making me feel small or ignored, let me, and my enormous mom-guilt, off the hook.

Instead, my daughter and I traveled to her bestie's home and we spent time with teen and adult friends and had a blast. She got to bond with girls that love her and have her best interests at heart, while I was able to get in some much needed adult time with the parents and neighbors. As well as cook and bake for people who appreciate it (another story for another post!)

"Picasso" and "Sandra Dee" had a cool day, even with record-breaking warm temps, rain and 35-60 mph winds. This mom had a pretty great day too.

(My son made most of his costume purchasing just the beret and neck scarf.  My daughter's 50's costume is still available on Amazon in case you want to plan for next year. We just added leggings and sneaks.)

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...