Monday, February 21, 2011

Round Robin – last border added, or is it?

Whew – finally found time over the weekend to work on the last two borders for the Patchwork Posse Round Robin. Yay!!!! Becky, the Posse Boss over at Patchwork Posse designed this last round herself, and it’s perfect. It’s a flower garden to finish off our whimsical fun flowery quilt top.

Patchwork Posse Final Borders

Here are some more close-ups….

  Patchwork Posse Final Borders

Patchwork Posse Final Borders

Patchwork Posse Final Borders

I used only fabric from my stash, did a bit of hand embroidery, machine and hand appliqué, and lots of piecing {wink}.

Here is the top with all it’s pieced borders…

Patchwork Posse Final Borders

My daughter now wants this for her bedcover, sewwww, I may add another top and bottom border to make it cover her twin bed. It doesn’t have to be the perfect twin bedcover size, just enough to make it look proportionally okay.

I took a leap of faith in starting this round robin as whimsy is so not my style, and I was rewarded big-time! Not only did I get the chance to design for this round robin, but also I have ended up with a beautiful quilt top with no monetary investment. Still am pinching myself that this already 60” x 66” top came from my hands and the minds of some awesome designers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...