Wednesday, July 6, 2022

What's for Dinner Wednesday

Need a quick and yummy dinner to feed the fam? Especially when we are all so busy with spirts and sun and camps this summer. But it's great for spring, fall and winter too!

Get yourself some boneless chicken on sale, about 3-4 lbs, although this does work with bone-in chicken too.  I buy a large family pack, and sometimes can find it in the specials section of our local stores meat department.

You'll also need two 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes with green peppers, celery & onions and a bag of wide egg noodles. I only used half the bag for my family of 4, but adjust to fit your family.


Line your slow cooker with a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner (super easy clean up). I recently invested in a new slow cooker and just love how easy this Hamilton Beach one is to use. Literally set it and forget it! And the warm feature is a winner - hot food when we need it is a plus in my book.


Sometimes I'll add onions if I have them. Pretend I did tonight LOL. Thinly slice an onion and add to the bottom of the slow cooker. Next, lay out your chicken and sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper to taste. Pour the tomatoes even over the chicken and cover the slow cooker. If I am able to set it in the morning before work, I'll let it go 8 hours on low. If I am putting it together at lunch time, I'll cook it 4 hours on high. I do prefer the low setting as it makes the chicken nice and juicy.



Serve over the egg noodles. No veg side needed - this is a hearty meal on it's own. If you want some leafy greens, a garden side salad would be a nice balance.



This is also wonderful over white rice if gluten is an issue...I ran out so we used egg noodles instead tonight. (I ate my chicken over gluten-free noodles and it was spectacular!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...