Thursday, September 13, 2007

Keeping it Simple


Sometimes I think that more is better. Recently I realized I'd be seeing a student (and friend) that just retired, I had to make up a card - fast! Since I pride myself on quality, immediately, I began pulling out everything to make one card. It was important to me that it be meaningful, but did I need all of my supplies, inks and papers to convey that? Not at all....

Once the dust settled, I pulled out a few Amuse supplies (I've just recently discovered this comany) and a Stampin Up! set. I had a completed, lovely card in under a few minutes - no kidding! Auntie Em loved it, and I loved watching her open it with delight.

Remember, less really is MORE!

How did I do this card? Using the SU Springtime Stems set, I stamped the pre-decorated Amuse card with SU Pale Plum background circles, then overstamped the circles with SU Perfect Plum flowers. I did the same on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, and then punched it out using a Creative Memories mini circle maker. I stuck this circle to an Amuse creative candy clear sticker and then applied glitter to the back. Using a Pop-up glue dot, I adhered the sticker to the card front. Stamp the sentiment with Perfect Plum and it's done! This card also made an beautiful wedding card, too. Just change the sentiment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...