Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Graduation, Honors and a Ferry, oh my!

 Woo hoo, my beautiful, smart daughter has graduated high school! This mom is bursting with an abundance of pride.


And not to be outdone, my son was honored in the same week for achieving high honors for every quarter of his three years of middle school.


He'll be moving up to 9th grade this week, and after weeks of finals and his first round of Regents exams, he'll be happy when summer recess begins.

We also spent some time this weekend in Burlington VT at a soccer tournament for my son's travel team. I used the GPS to travel from Albany NY to our hotel, and funny thing, it took us across Lake Champlain over the Charlotte-Essex Ferry 😳 What a fun surprise! After my initial embarrassment that I didn't realize there would be a ferry ride on our trip, we embraced the boat and enjoyed every second on the water. Our fun story even convinced a couple of other soccer families to take the ferry on the trip back home!




Once back home, and in between work commitments, I started a new cross stitch mystery stitch along. I am a member of Teresa Kogut's patreon, and she's hosting this fantastic mystery for her tier 4 members. Officially it begins on 6/25/22, but I just couldn't wait. Samplers are my jam, and the colors on this are amazing:

 

I am stitching mine on 16 count Aida by LFA Linens in Popover. I purchased mine from Treehouse Fiber Arts and am stitching with the called for colors. I find myself picking it up instead of eating lunch, dinner.....! 😂

This week will also be filled with 8th grade wrapping up and travel soccer tryouts. Also, some college dorm prep for the oldest. Busy busy busy, but it a good busy!

What's kept you busy this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...