Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tips & Tricks ~ December 2011

Wow – when did it become December? About eight days ago silly (yup, that’s me answering my own question!)

It’s time for the last LAST block for our Tips & Tricks sampler. You all have been so fantastic bearing with my tardiness these past few months. I am honored and humbled by all the emails of encouragement I’ve received since going back to work full time in October. Yup, I’m blessed. Super duper.

Sew, I pulled out all of my blocks, my big and little ones. We have six 6-1/2” blocks and eleven 12-1/2” blocks. Naturally, my first question was, “what is missing? A color, block pattern, something to fill everything in just right.”

zxdcvffdzaqwsdgg, qbkhwerty says my 3-1/2 year old son….he’s “helping” Mommie with this post.

What I realized is that all of you are asking that question, too. Each of our quilts are going to be very different, so what I may need to complete my top, you may not need. The December block will fit this perfectly…..

 

Drumroll please…..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The December block is…..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Block of YOUR CHOICE! Yay! Yahoo! Yippee!

Really, I am not just copping out here. I had this plan, and in order to fill in what your quilt top may need, and to personalize it even more, you get to choose what your last block will be.

Here are my blocks:

Tips & Tricks December 2011

Right off I see I have only a smidge of red that shows predominately in one block . I need to use this color in this last block. I also see alot of medium blues, muted tones, and a good balance of darks. The light violet in the one block needs to be repeated somewhere, too.Another scrappy looking block would fit here nicely. Maybe one with some ample background.

You’d think I’d had already made my December block to show you. Nope. Simply haven’t had time and I don't wish to rush the process. It’ll get done and then I will show you the top layout I’ve been brainstorming. See, I really am working right along with you. None of this “planning ahead” stuff for me!

Also, trim your extra HSTs into 2-1/2” units. We’ll be using them in our final quilt top (of course, if you wish to use them in this 12th large block, go ahead!!!) We’ll be using 2-1/2” strips in our setting, too, so pull out some that fit into your color scheme. Don’t have exact measures yet. Just have some handy.

Lastly, add a signature to your 6-1/2” siggie block we made a few months ago. Here’s a tip – yay! Using a warm iron with no steam, press the siggie block to the shiny side of freezer paper. Then write on the light part of your block. The freezer paper give the fabric stability so you can write a but easier.

Lots to do, lots to do. I’ll get working on my December block – get working on yours! Can’t wait to see {hugs}.

Carrie Signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...