Saturday, May 21, 2011

Local Shop Hop!

Well, we are in the middle of a four-day local quilt store shop hop, and I am having a fun time! My little boy and I have visited five of the 11 shops on the shop hop list, and altho’ money is tight so purchases have to be slim, I am walking away a happy girl! Each shop is giving away a free pattern to a sampler quilt and a free fat quarter! There are raffles and a big grand prize drawing at the end for those who visit all 11 shops. That I cannot do, one is simply too far away and my kid’s schedule is nutty this weekend with girl scouts and softball games.

If you’re in the area, you’ve still got time to hop to some shops. Check out the info about the Ninth Annual Quilter’s Quest Shop Hop here.

What is really neat is finding stores in our area (it’s about an hour drive to the farthest shops), that I never knew about!   A brand new one just opened and it is fabulous. It’s called The Joyful Quilter and they are also online. Check them out – they rock! Seeing all the new fabric lines in person is also a plus. I like seeing them online, but in person I can TOUCH them! You all know what I’m talking about {wink}. Being in the company of others with our obsession is also so motivating and inspiring.

I am hoping to sneak in a few more today after our mother/daughter girl scout brunch, and maybe one before my DD’s softball game tomorrow afternoon ~ a quilter’s got to do what a quilter’s got to do, right?

Enjoy your weekend! clip_image001

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...