Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Scrappiness IS Happiness!

I am a wee bit late posting about this really cool quilt-a-long. Lori Holt wrote a fantastic book about using your scraps to make amazing and fun quilts. Scrappiness is Happiness is a must buy - I truly wish to make everything in this book! AND, Lori and the Fat Quarter Shop, along with a few other quilt designers, are doing a QAL (quilt-a-long) so we get to make one of every block. SO COOL!

In this post I introduced you to my talented friend Pat Sloan, who is also sewing along with this QAL. So I started with Pat and her amazing quilting group back on October 2022 making one block a week from this book.

This is the only QAL I have kept up with! With everything happening in my world right now, I really need the calm of sewing and have been carving out time here and there to make these blocks. And I am SEW glad I have!

The layout for this QAL is online at the Jolly Jabber blog by Fat Quarter Shop. In the images of my blocks below, you'll see I have already started to add some sashing. Pat runs a lot of QALs and always suggests if we can begin to sew the blocks together AS WE WORK ALONG then it won't be such a daunting process at the end. You reach the last block, and voilĂ ! Your quilt top is nearly assembled. Genius.










I am using a variety of Lori Holt fabrics by Riley Blake. Most are not available any longer, but any of her lines can be used to achieve a similar look:








Having some of Lori's Bee Backgrounds to use will help your fat quarter bundle go farther. I found these at the Fat Quarter Shop:



Or, if you have a stash of scraps, or another fat quarter bundle that you've been waiting for just the perfect project, maybe you've just found it! The beauty about this QAL is that you can start anytime. Lori is also posting YouTube video tutorials on many of the blocks. Lori also has a wonderful you should check out. On Bee in My Bonnet, she always has a QAL going. All of this information will not go away - it's out there waiting for you when you are ready to jump in. How cool is that? (But start now, because it's sew much fun!)

Oh, and I am keeping everything for this project together in one of these 12x12 ArtBin storage boxes:


Will you join me? Tell me in the comments!

(Here is a referral link to Fat Quarter Shop for new customers so you and I both receive $10 off your first $50 purchase! CLICK HERE )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...